Managing aspects of neck and back pain without surgeryIf you suffer neck or back pain, you may feel that you have just two choices – medications that mask pain, or surgery. Our premier doctor, Michael Nguyen, and his team at Vein Institute & Pain Centers of America help patients in the Manhattan area manage neck and back pain with minimally invasive treatments. These injections contain saline, time release anti-inflammatory steroids, and local anesthetic for long-lasting relief.
Nagging neck painThe seven small vertebrae at the base of the skull are vulnerable to injury or pain from daily lifestyle habits, osteoarthritis, stenosis, and degenerative disc disease. Our doctors have good success with these treatments:
- Cervical epidural –An inflamed or pinched nerve causes pain and numbness that radiates through neck, shoulders, and arms. Injections reduce inflammation and discomfort.
- Cervical facet–Facets are small joints at segments of the spine. A cervical facet injection can block pain.
- Trigger point –Trigger points are small knots that form in muscles. They irritate nerves in the immediate vicinity, or cause “referred pain” in other parts of the body. Trigger point injections relax the knots.
Debilitating low back painLow back pain is a leading cause of disability and missed work in this country. Our doctors offer these effective solutions:
- Lumbar epidural– Injections for low back and leg pain; alone, or as part of a comprehensive rehabilitation program.
- Lumbar facet –Medications carefully placed at the lumbar joint block pain
- SI joint– Sacroiliac joints on either side of the spine connect hips to the sacrum. Injections reduce joint inflammation, discomfort, and dysfunction.
- Hip injection –Problems with these large joints that connect legs to the pelvis generate pain in the low back, hips, buttocks, or legs. Injections often bring long-term pain relief.
Take the first step toward managing pain. Call Vein Institute & Pain Centers of America today at (212) 810-9525.
Home > Pain Aspects
Vein Institute and Pain Centers of America
"I went for my first time VenaSeal and I am confident to say that I am very pleased with the results. Doctor Michael Nguyen is very knowledgeable, very professional and friendly. There was no waiting time and the staff were welcoming, professional and friendly. I highly recommend this facility...!!! Doctor Nguyen has my (*****) of Excellence!!!"
- Rosa M.
"Dr. Nguyen was phenomenal. He has an excellent bedside manner, great hands and he explains everything to me in regular language. I also like the fact that he's Harvard trained so I know that he is an expert."
- Zwade M.
* Patient experience may vary