Healthy veins begin with conservative treatments in ManhattanDr. Michael Nguyen and his team of leading doctors at Vein Institute & Pain Centers of America are committed to the vein health of patients in the Manhattan area. He offers the latest minimally invasive and surgical treatment options. Yet, in many cases the doctor suggests beginning with conservative, natural treatments.
Why consider conservative treatments?
- No downtime– Conservative treatments don’t require procedure appointments, anesthesia, or recovery time.
- Satisfaction– It feels good to take proactive steps toward better vein health.
- Insurance– Medical care for vein disease is covered by most insurance plans. However, insurers may require conservative treatment before more invasive options can be pursued.
- Overall health– Most of these practices improve and help to maintain whole body wellness.
Common conservative techniques
- Compression hosiery– Graduated compression reduces blood pooling in lower leg veins. These stockings provide firm support at the ankle; lesser at the thigh. Dr. Nguyen may also talk with you about other compression devices.
- Elevation – Prop feet at or near hip level when sitting. Periodically lie on your back and place legs vertically against the wall to encourage blood flow to the upper body.
- Positioning – Do not cross your legs. When sitting, point and flex feet to work calf muscles.
- Exercise – Daily physical activity helps to maintain healthy weigh (reducing pressure on veins), and improves blood flow in legs.
- Anti-inflammatory medication– Non-steroidal medications reduce swelling and tenderness.
- Medical food – FDA-approved prescription supplements contain flavonoids and bioflavonoids. They enhance vein function, reduce circulatory inflammation, and help to heal ulcers.
Schedule an appointment at Vein Institute & Pain Centers of America in Manhattan for a customized approach to conservative vein treatments. The number is (212) 810-9525.
Home > Treatments > Conservative Treatments
Vein Institute and Pain Centers of America
"I went for my first time VenaSeal and I am confident to say that I am very pleased with the results. Doctor Michael Nguyen is very knowledgeable, very professional and friendly. There was no waiting time and the staff were welcoming, professional and friendly. I highly recommend this facility...!!! Doctor Nguyen has my (*****) of Excellence!!!"
- Rosa M.
"Dr. Nguyen was phenomenal. He has an excellent bedside manner, great hands and he explains everything to me in regular language. I also like the fact that he's Harvard trained so I know that he is an expert."
- Zwade M.
* Patient experience may vary